Experience CALS in person
We invite you to come explore the University of Wisconsin- Madison and learn about exciting opportunities awaiting you in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. We encourage you to bring a parent/s or a friend to one of our College Visit Day Programs for four-year degree programs.
Your visit will include information on the college, admissions, housing, scholarships, financial aid, and career opportunities. Students will also take a walking tour of our beautiful lakeshore campus with a student ambassador as your guide.
Our program is unique as you will have an opportunity to personally meet with advisors in up to two areas of study that interest you.
*A note about Farm and Industry Short Course: if you are interested in attending the Farm and Industry Short Course Preview Day, please follow the Short Course link, these programs are different and will cover different topics.
How to schedule a visit
If you are a current high school student or a prospective transfer student, follow the link noted below or visit admissions.wisc.edu/visitbucky/. You will need to login to register for the event. You can search for our visit day by selecting CALS visit Days from the search options.
Our visit days are popular and we like to keep them small for your convenience, so please register as early as possible. Registrations are due three weeks in advance so we may provide you with an excellent experience. Be aware that if you register within the three week period before a date, there is no guarantee of availability of parking passes and availability of advisors. Space is limited.
Schedule of Events (Sample)
- 12:00-12:30 PM Check In Begins
- 12:30-12:45 PM College Welcome & Overview
- 12:45-1:30 PM Admissions Info, Financial Aid Info and Professional Panel Q&A
- 1:30-1:45 PM Walk to Session I
- 1:45-2:30 PM Advising Session I
- 2:30-2:45 PM Walk to Session II (on your own)
- 2:45-3:30 PM Advising Session II
- 3:45-4:30 PM Family Walking tour of CALS campus with Student Ambassador (meet on Agricultural Hall steps at 3:45)
- 4:30 PM Meet Visitor & Information Programs for Full (UW) campus Tour (about 1-1 1/2 hours)
Be sure to register three weeks in advance so we can mail you a map, parking permit, and agenda. You can expect these items approximately one week prior to your visit. Be aware that if you register within the three week period before a date, there is no guarantee of availability of parking passes and availability of advisors.