Career Advising by Appointment
CALS Career Services also has professional staff available for career advising by appointment. If your needs go beyond general resume and cover letter suggestions, you can make an appointment.
Career Advising with Professional Advisor: Schedule an appointment with Scheduling Assistant
If you are unable to find a suitable time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer advisors offer walk-in resume hours every week during the academic year. They are trained to answer basic career-related questions. If they do not know the answer to your question, they will make an appropriate referral. Go to our home page for hours available every semester. You can also email them at email@example.com.
Career Advising from Your Academic Advisor
CALS provides each student with a faculty or staff advisor who can help with both their academic and career planning. It is your responsibility to maximize the time you spend with your advisor.
It is in your best interest to go to each advising session prepared with both academic and career related questions. Consider raising one or more of the following questions at your next advising appointment.
- What skills and knowledge will I gain as I pursue this major?
- What kinds of careers could I pursue with this major? What kinds of jobs, careers, graduate and professional programs have alumni from this program pursued?
- How can I learn if this is the right major or career path for me?
- Who else – other professors, peers, graduate students, alumni, employers – could I speak with in order to learn more about the benefits of earning his degree?
- What kinds of out of class activities and experiences should I pursue?
- Are the career plans I have been making feasible based on my academic record, test scores, and experiences?
CALS Career Services
Office of Academic Affairs
116 Agricultural Hall
1450 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706