Like most types of financial aid, scholarships come in many forms, and from many places. Thankfully at the University of Wisconsin, Scholarships@UW-Madison keeps track of everything to do with scholarships so there is only one place to do everything that is needed. Within this system, applying for CALS scholarships is even easier! There is one application to fill out to be eligible for the over 230 different scholarships within CALS.
The 2016-2017 CALS Scholarship Application opens this year on October 31, 2016 and remains open until midnight on February 1, 2017. Before applying here are a few things to keep in mind:
- One Scholarship application covers all of the awards listed. You do not apply for individual awards listed.
- You are eligible to apply for scholarships once you apply to the UW-Madison and receive your NetID. You do not have to wait to be accepted.
- Most scholarship awards are announced prior to the academic year, however, some do become available and are awarded during the year.
- Typically, one-half of the scholarship is awarded first semester and one-half second semester; contingent upon continued enrollment in CALS and eligibility.
- Scholarships are awarded on a one-year basis only. All interested students must submit a scholarship application every year to be considered for scholarships the following year.
The CALS Office of Academic Affairs receives notification of scholarships offered by various agencies and organizations that may be of interest to CALS students. These are NOT included on the Scholarships@UW-Madison website, but will be posted on our web site under scholarships from outside CALS. Each of these has their own application and due date, so please read each scholarship’s instructions.
Before you email…
While we have worked to make the scholarship application process as smooth as possible, you may have questions along the way. We have collected the most frequent of these questions in our scholarship FAQ. Please check the FAQ, and if you are unable to answer your question, please contact us at email@example.com.