Undergraduate research experiences are a CALS tradition. In fact, approximately 50% of all CALS students complete mentored research experiences. You can learn more about the mentored research and independent studies opportunities offered here in CALS.
Below are some resource sites that have excellent information on undergraduate research opportunities.
- Institute for Biology Education (undergraduate research opportunities in biological sciences)
- Undergraduate Research Scholars program (URS)
- Community of science (search site for expertise)
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Microbiology and related opportunities
- Biochemistry research
- UW-Student Employment Web Site
Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- University of Michigan College of Pharmacy
- Harvard Forest Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity
- National Science Foundation listing of Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
Many U.S. universities offer funded summer research experiences for undergraduates. Selected announcements will be posted here. A web search will help you find others.