Here are a few things you can do to participate in the life of the college:
- Stay in touch – Keep your contact information current by logging on to the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) alumni directory and updating your profile. That information must be current in order to receive CALS publications and other communication.
- Share news about your life.
- Hire our graduates – Grant a student an interview or refer colleagues to the college when they are looking to hire. Contact CALS Career Services.
- Refer outstanding students to CALS – We are always on the lookout for high-quality students for both undergraduate and graduate programs. Please suggest they look at CALS information for Prospective Students.
- Recognize exceptional alumni – Since 1909, CALS has recognized alumni and individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the areas of agriculture, life sciences, natural resources, and social science through the Honorary Recognition Award, the highest honor bestowed by the college. The WAA also sponsors a number of alumni awards, including the Distinguished Alumni Awards, the Badger of the Year Award, and the Forward Under Forty Awards.
- Make a gift – You can support CALS by making a gift to the CALS Fund or the department of your choice. There are also opportunities to support student scholarships, strategic facility upgrades and more.
- Support our alumni groups – WALSAA (Wisconsin Agricultural and Life Sciences Alumni Association) is a charitable organization that supports CALS through service and fellowship. The group sponsors many events and activities throughout the year that offer CALS alumni a chance to connect and work together to support their alma mater. The Wisconsin Alumni Association was founded in 1861 to promote the welfare of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and serve the interests of its alumni. WAA carries out this mission through programs and services that link alumni back to the university and with each other.