Each year CALS recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding service to their communities, their chosen career fields, and the citizens of the state and the nation. CALS has three awards: the Honorary Recognition Award, the Distinguished Service Award, and the Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Thursday, November 12, 2015. Reception at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m.
- Varsity Room, Union South, 1308 W. Dayton Street, Madison
- Please call 608/890-2999 for more information
Free parking is available after 4:30 p.m. in Lot 17 (1525 Engineering Drive) and Lot 20 (1390 University Avenue). Additional parking is available for a fee in the Union South parking garage (enter on Dayton Street).
2014 Award Winners
- Honorary Recognition: William Oemichen and Larry Smith BS’58 MS’63
- Distinguished Alumni Award: Shelly Mayer BS’88
- Distinguished Service Award: Michael Pariza BS’67 and David Wieckert BS’52 MS’56 PhD’63
About the Awards
- The Honorary Recognition Award – Established in 1909, this award was championed by Dean Harry L. Russell and Wisconsin Governor William D. Hoard. This award honors individuals who have demonstrated outstanding and inspirational leadership, integrity and unselfish service, making significant contributions in the areas of agriculture, life sciences, natural resources and social science. Over the past 100 years, the college has saluted more than 500 individuals who have given both time and talent to improve the lives of many and enrich society for us all.
- The Distinguished Service Award – This award was established in 1994 in celebration of the college’s excellent faculty and staff. This award recognize university faculty and staff members for exceptionally meritorious service to the college and university, to the citizens of Wisconsin, and to people around the nation and the world.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award – Introduced in 2009, this award recognizes a career of outstanding achievement through extraordinary contributions to one’s chosen field or an exemplary record of public service.
Download a PDF of past award winners.