Experience CALS in person: Visit Day Invitation 2013-2014
We invite you to come explore the University of Wisconsin- Madison and learn about exciting opportunities awaiting you in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. We encourage you to bring a parent/s or a friend to one of our 2013-2014 College Visit Day Programs for four-year degree programs.
Your visit will include information on the college, admissions, housing, scholarships, financial aid, and career opportunities. Students will also take a walking tour of our beautiful lakeshore campus with a student ambassador as your guide.
Our program is unique as you will have an opportunity to personally meet with advisors in up to two areas of study that interest you.
*A note about Farm and Industry Short Course: if you are interested in attending the Farm and Industry Short Course Preview Day, please follow the Short Course link, these programs are different and will cover different topics.
How to schedule a visit
If you are a current high school student or a prospective transfer student, complete the registration form below. Our visit days are popular and we like to keep them small for your convenience, so please register as early as possible. Registrations are due three weeks in advance so we may provide you with an excellent experience. Be aware that if you register within the three week period before a date, there is no guarantee of availability of parking passes and availability of advisors. Space is limited.
Schedule of Events
- 12:00-12:30 PM Check In Begins
- 12:30-12:45 PM College Welcome & Overview
- 12:45-1:30 PM Admissions Info, Financial Aid Info and Professional Panel Q&A
- 1:30-1:45 PM Walk to Session I
- 1:45-2:30 PM Advising Session I
- 2:30-2:45 PM Walk to Session II (on your own)
- 2:45-3:30 PM Advising Session II
- 3:45-4:30 PM Family Walking tour of CALS campus with Student Ambassador (meet on Agricultural Hall steps at 3:45)
- 4:30 PM Meet Visitor & Information Programs for Full (UW) campus Tour (about 1-1 1/2 hours)
You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your registration form. Be sure to register three weeks in advance so we can send you a map, parking permit, and agenda. You can expect these items approximately one week prior to your visit. Be aware that if you register within the three week period before a date, there is no guarantee of availability of parking passes and availability of advisors.
- Register for a Visit Day
- Visit Campus Visitor & Information Programs
- Visit and Tour Options (See class visit list)
- Visit FISC
- Campus Slide Show